Saturday 27 April 2013

A - Z APRIL 2013 - X


XAVIER
(Cousin of Amber on father’s side)

I don't see why I have to stay with my cousins
They’d better not treat me like one of their pet orphans
My dad left my mum and she can’t cope
All week she just sat and cried and moped
I’m supposed to play with Harry all nice and friendly
Then that Amber, so stuck up, wants to be all chummy
 But she won't let me on her laptop to play my games, it’s not fair
Harry is hogging the X-box although he’s been told to share
I’ll tell Aunty Carol and she’ll try to hug me
I can't let them see I’m upset so I try to be chatty
I just want to go home and be with my mum
I promise I won’t be a problem.

9 comments:

  1. I think we've all had that experience as a kid of being left with relatives we didn't particularly like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I feel so bad for her. Nice work, Sally. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops...I meant him. I guess that's what a month of little sleep will do. :)

      Delete
  3. Cute story Sally. You know my grandson's name is xavier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great name for a boy-and you nailed the voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how sad! But, excellently written, as always.

    Thanks for stopping by to see me, Sally.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we've all felt that way sometimes! Just visiting fellow A to Zers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This poem captures the rippling effect of the hurt in a broken home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, this was heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete