Tuesday 9 April 2013

A - Z APRIL 2013 - H

HARRY
(Amber’s 12 year old brother)
Harry heard Amber take Fitz out for his walk
So now he was stuck here with his cousin, he’d better not talk
It’s bad enough to share his room with him for a few nights
He knows he’s upset the grown-ups said something wasn’t right
Now he wants to play on the X-box
He’s taken his shoes off, he’s wearing odd socks
Let’s go and find Amber and Fitz in the park
We’ve got a couple of hours until it is dark
They scurry around finding shoes and coats
But instead they go down by the quayside to look at the boats
They watch the old fishermen take in the nets
The smells and noise of the seagulls make them forget
Harry’s mobile rings, his mum says dinner is ready
They race each other along the towpath smiling broadly
Friends again forever and a day
A boyhood bond that will remain firm always.


12 comments:

  1. You seem to capture the POV of a 12-year-old boy very well here! Another great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always liked the name Harry. So regal!
    Dani @ Entertaining Interests
    #warriorminion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a charming poem... Love the voice. Nicely done Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely Sally - it's so easy to forget time when we play... a bit like me and this challenge at the moment.. I actually thought yesterday was Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've nailed a carefree day in the life of a child perfectly. I miss those times. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I'm with Dawn: I miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You perfectly captured the carefree days of youth. This was awesome!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to think of boyhood friendships lasting always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how they went from being stuck with each other to being friends for life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember being " stuck" with my cousins. Now we are good friends so I totally relate. Great job. Wherever this village is, I want to live there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another lovely snippet, capturing the moment really well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's perfect, captured it so well, move on, forget, get distracted, friends always!

    Still reading!

    ReplyDelete