Thursday 14 April 2022

THE CHAIR

 FRIDAY FICTIONEERS

https://rochellewisoff.com/author/rochellewisoff/



The next photo is the PROMPT. Remember, all photos are property of the photographer, donated for use in Friday Fictioneers only. They shouldn’t be used for any other purpose without express permission. It is proper etiquette to give the contributor credit.

Photo credit - Dale Rogerson - thank you Dale

Joining in with Friday Fictioneers - here is my 100 word contribution from the above photo prompt.


THE CHAIR

Grandad would sit in this old wooden chair come rain or shine, snow or wind, his hands resting on his legs, his pipe in his mouth.

I can’t get rid of his chair.  I look out of my window and still see his essence; I imagine him sitting there. I would bring him a cup of tea, ‘thank you, Duck,’ he would say.

He would come in to the warm kitchen on a winter’s day, blow on his hands and stomp his feet. On a hot day summer’s day, he’d mop his brow and say, ‘it’s grand out there, lass.’ 


10 comments:

  1. I would keep that chair as a reminder of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad his presence is still felt, even though he's passed on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful. I wouldn't take the chair away either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a sweet share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. I just love the picture you paint of the Grandpa. I wouldn't get rid of his chair either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sally,

    I would keep the chair, too. Many sweet memories attached. Nicely written.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Written with affection. Very nice

    ReplyDelete