30 October 2019
1. A photo prompt topic is to be used as your ‘muse’. They will arrive promptly at midnight each Wednesday morning.
2. Include the photo prompt and its credits with your story on your blog.
3. All stories are to be crafted and honed to under 200 words in length.
4. Each flash fiction piece should have a clear beginning, middle, and end. No serial stories. It is harder to stay abreast of a serial story. (Please keep content PG-13.)
5. Once you have your post complete, create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. If that is not an option for you, add your post’s link in the comments section.
If you want to join in here is the link:
This week’s photo prompt:
Here is my story.
She heard the heavy iron key jangle on his belt. Her stomach roiled with anxiety. Would he be in a good mood when he entered the house? Would he be angry at something that had happened on his journey home?
Alexander turned the key in the door, lifted the latch, plastering a smile on his face. Even though he had had a bad day he wanted to be loving and kind to his wife. It was too long since he’d actually appreciated all she did for him.
There she was, a vision in loveliness. Her gossamer nightdress floated against her lithe body. Her curls cascaded down her back, their black beauty shining against the lamplight.
As she opened her mouth to greet him, he backed away. Her smell was overpowering, the cloying perfume making him gag. Her bracelets tinkled as she raised her hand to caress his face, her smile was strained, she wasn’t sure of his reaction.
Alexander was not going to let Isabella down again. He held his hand to his cheek, covering her slim fingers with his strong fingers.
“Shush, shush, it will be alright.”
A single tear escaped down her cheek.
“I love you,” he said.
Word count: 200