Wednesday 27 March 2013

CHOCOLATE

100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week#82
Posted on March 25, 2013 by jfb57
Julie says: As Easter is nearly with us and the shops are bulging with it, the prompt is:
…looking at all of that chocolate…

CHOCOLATE
The shelves in the supermarket are bulging with treats
The Easter eggs have been on display for weeks and weeks
Cadbury's and Nestlé and Rowntree’s, Thornton’s and Fair Trade
Factory produced chocolate eggs and production line made
Something to tempt every palate, milk and dark or even white
Wrapped in pretty tin foil, colourful to tempt the eyes and delight
Easter bunnies and cute little pictures to depict a spring scene
Over indulgence, a surfeit of cocoa beans to upset the routine
Looking at all of that chocolate tempting as it may be
Clamping my lips tightly together I try not to be naughty.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to be naughty. I'm weak. ;)

    Love this! Happy Easter. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter, Sally. I'm going to try to be reasonable this weekend, not sure I'll succeed. I love Cadbury's Easter eggs. Why does chocolate have to be so yummy! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Choc-o-latte! An addiction that simply can't be fought ;)

    El

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, chocolate... I am so weak when it comes to trying to be disciplined! Happy Easter, Sally!

    ReplyDelete