I'm joining in with this lovely bloghop for the first time.
There are a set of questions posed on Tuesday with your replies on Wednesday.
1. Howdy Hodgepodgers. It's kind of fun to be back, isn't it? Last time we met was September, 2018. Tell me something big-important-happy-or sad that's happened in your life since that date. Just one thing. We don't know how long this current isolation situation is going to last and we might need to dole out our news bit by bit.
It was Mother’s Day in the UK on Sunday – we had to celebrate virtually – a present left at the back door, a gift sent through Amazon, couldn’t see my kids (grown-up as they are). Thank goodness for FB.
2. Might as well get this out of the way early on...COVID-19. On a scale of 1-5 how serious are you about keeping your distance? Explain. fyi-I didn't create the scale but have seen it several places online. Also fyi-we won't only have virus related questions each week, but for this first one it feels right.
1-Not at all, living normally
2-Cautious but still going out
3-Going out as needed, mostly home or working from home, still seeing friends/family
4-Extremely limited, only going out when unavoidable, minimal contact with people
5-Full lockdown, no one in or out
Number 4: a week ago we started limiting any activities outside the house, all social activities, clubs etc. were closed down, one trip a week to a supermarket
3. Raise your hand if you think you might run out of steam in the cooking department before it's all said and done? What's something delicious you've cooked or eaten in your own kitchen in the past week?
Both husband and I love cooking and as well as experimenting – difficult these days with food limited – we are both quite good at making up dishes as we go along. Last week we produced – homemade beef stew and served it over large portobello mushrooms
4. What's a television show or movie you've seen recently (it could be an oldie) that you really liked?
We’re catching up with a few American shows, i.e. Chicago Med is one.
5. Share something funny you've seen or heard this week.
6. Insert your own random thought here
The UK is on total lock down – I think I’ll be ‘embracing my grey hairs!’ in the weeks to come.