1. A prompt photo will be provided each Tuesday to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Tuesday and runs to the following Tuesday.
3. Please credit photo to photographer
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try and stay within this limit.
5. Pingback to the challenge post in your story's post.
6. This is a flash fiction challenge (stories in 100-175 words or less) and each story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Therefore, no serial (continuation) stories. They become too complicated for our readers.
7. Add your story to the InLinkz Link-up (Blue Froggy button). If you need link-up instructions, please email email@example.com.
8. Remember, half the fun is reading and commenting on each other's stories.
This week's photo prompt is provided by Louise with The Storyteller's Abode. Thank you Louise!
Marianne stood at the edge of the
platform, aware of the chuntering of the steam engine, the aroma of coal smoke tantalising
her nostrils. It was such a big beast to
control, it needed constant attention even while idling waiting for permission
to leave the station.
Dreaming of a golden age, of
times gone past she shook herself out of her reverie; her practical self
acknowledged that those times weren’t as romantically painted as everyone
Her husband, Joe, leaned out of
the cab, his face grimy with smoke dust, smeared and streaked, he gave her a big wink, blew her a kiss, tooted
the whistle, pulled the lever down to release the brakes and let the big beast start
to roll down the rails, gradually picking up speed.
She would wait another 12 hours
before he was home again and in her arms, loving her as he did every day.