Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
Week of 05-17 through 05-23-2016
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Tuesday to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Tuesday and runs to the following Monday evening.
3. Please credit photo to photographer
4. The story word limit is 100 - 150 words (+ - 25 words). Please try and stay within this limit.
5. Pingback to the challenge post in your story's post.
6. This is a flash fiction challenge (stories in 100-175 words or less) and each story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Therefore, no serial (continuation) stories. They become too complicated for our readers.
7. Add your story to the InLinkz Link-up (Blue Froggy button). If you need link-up instructions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Please keep your stories PG 13 rating or below.
9. Please, no disparaging remarks regarding any race, religion or life-style choices in your stories, even though it is fiction and/or you are merely making a point.
10. Remember, half the fun is reading and commenting on each other's stories.
This week's photo prompt:
This week's photo prompt is provided by Yinglan. Thank you Yinglan!
This is what it comes down to
Covered in green top to toe
The only job in town
It’s better than being a clown
My own kids laughed out loud
Took pictures to upload to the cloud
I took pride in my look
It was alright in my book
To respect the past
Because it doesn’t last
The once magnificent beasts
Roamed the world at least
From fossils that remain
By the mountains and on the plains
We discovered their existence
Now we mourn their absence
My wages at the end of the week
Make up for looking like a freak.
Word count: 103