Friday 11 September 2015

IS IT SAFE





The next photo is the PHOTO PROMPT. Where does it take you? Tell us a story in a hundred words or less. 

PHOTO PROMPT – © Jennifer Pendergast


IS IT SAFE?

 ‘Is it safe?’

Natasha looked at the flimsy boat with trepidation.  They were supposed to sit on those flimsy wooden struts?  They would certainly have numb bums after a few minutes.  She sniffed.  The smell of the resin and the wood impregnated her senses and stayed with her as her eyes roamed the horizon.  The still blue water was an unknown quantity, deep, dangers lurking underneath the calm exterior.

Mark looked at his niece.  If only he had been able to have children he would have shared this moment with them but now Natasha looked very nervous. 

‘Climb in, darling.’


Word count: 100

7 comments:

  1. Hmm, the water seems calm but I definitely get a sense of unease from Natasha. I hope their adventure goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I don't think she is too anxious to get into that boat and I don't think I would be either! Great story Sally and so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sally,

    At least Mark and Natasha have each other. Nicely done.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. After the boating adventure I told you about in my story, I think she'd we wise to stay on terra firma!
    Rosey Pinkerton's blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. A a person not comfortable on water. I'd say run!!! :) Very nicely done, a hint of fear, and yet a perfectly innocent setting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uncle and niece--both not up to mutual expectations, I think. Good story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job. Paddling was a big part of our summer. I say go for it, Natasha!

    ReplyDelete