Thursday 3 September 2015

THE WRITER



Click on the link below to find the blue froggy and join in.

https://rochellewisofffields.wordpress.com/2015/09/02/4-september-2015/


The following photo is the PHOTO PROMPT. Use a hundred words or less to say what story this tells you. 

PHOTO PROMPT – © Rochelle Wisoff-Fields


THE WRITER

Today she had washed the bay windows until they shone.  The hours dragged by until she heard her husband’s key turn in the lock.

She fluffed her hair, checked her lipstick wasn’t smudged and put a big smile on her face as she greeted her man, took his coat and passed him his pipe and slippers.

Annette threw up hands up in disgust.  No woman would do that these days. Oh for a manual typewriter where she could rip out the piece of paper from the platen, scrunch it up into a ball and throw it at the wastepaper bin.


Word count: 100

6 comments:

  1. One thing I don't mourn is the passing of the manual typewriter. Oh, and the women who behaved in that fashion. :) Made me grin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sally,

    There's always the backspace key. Or Ctrl Delete. I use both often. ;)

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have that manual typewriter, at one time I taught typing, on the computer of course. Do they still teach typing today? Now it's the delete key - so useful!
    Loved it! Made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ripping out of the paper and screwing it up was much more dramatic than CTRL-A and DEL :-)
    Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eons ago, I wrote a thesis with a manual typewriter, I sure don't miss their passing. I do love the story though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny. My modern version of expressing disgust at my own writing is to punch the backspace key as hard as I can, repeatedly, until all those silly thoughts are gone.

    ReplyDelete