Monday 2 April 2012

B is for Bob



B is for Bob


Bob is first cousin to me
The big brother I wanted him to be
Always a big soft spot in my heart
Spending years and years apart
We come together at family affairs
Birthdays, weddings and family funerals with despair.
We adored each other as kids
Loving each other as we age and mature
Our memories are true and sure
Expanding our families with the next generation and theirs
Knowing we are lucky to have heirs
Life throws us the curves, switchbacks and hope
Somehow we find the means and ways to cope
Keep strong as we are relied on now
Always ready to show
To leave our legacy for the next generation
So our love will pass on from season to season.


4 comments:

  1. I love this poem! Truly. How wonderful to have a cousin like Bob in your life. The picture btw is adorable. I enjoy poetry in general and have tried to write in verse, but I'm just terrible at it! Looking forward to reading more of your poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pic Sally, the poem about you and Bob is deep and meaningful, it shows love you share for him very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish I had a cousin like that!. Such a great tribute to someone who means so much to you. Really heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally -
    What a wonderful tribute to your cousin! With no brothers I too looked to my cousins to take on the role - teaching me
    to throw footballs, trek thru puddles and more - such happy memories. Thanks for sharing!

    Jaelma
    http://www.themochalife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete