Thursday 28 February 2013

THE LOST KEY



100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week#79
The prompt this week is a picture.

THE LOST KEY
Where’s the key to the garden gate?
Come on, we’re gonna be late.
Who’s got the key?
Drink up that cup of tea.
Where is that elusive key?
Can you not see?
I’m searching high and low
Wiping the sweat from my brow
We can't go out if we can't lock up
We need to buy food from the shop
We won’t have anything for our tea
If we don't find that stupid key
Who had it last?
What’s that in the grass?
Icy, cold metal forged steel
In celebration I do a cartwheel
As I utter a tiny squeal.


Word Count: 100

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful! This reminds me of my family. It seems we're always looking for the house key!

    Have a great Thursday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha! Aren't keys annoying! Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't need them. ~Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is notorious for losing his keys, but I'm the one doing the somersault!

    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm fairly certain that this happens at least three times a week at our house. This was lovely, I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so fun. And I am that dingbat running around the house always looking for my blasted keys! For some reason I can't seem to put them in the same place twice, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait until the future comes and keys are outlawed (it is one of my many predictions for the future :) ). Few things are as frustrating as running around searching for keys! Really cool poem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was fun and quite musical - you could sing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can so relate with this one. Aren't keys so annoying sometimes?

    ReplyDelete