Saturday 30 April 2022

COFFEE VERSUS TEA




Joining in with Rochelle Wisoff-Fields Friday Fictioneers

The next photo is the PROMPT. Remember, all photos are property of the photographer, donated for use in Friday Fictioneers only. They shouldn’t be used for any other purpose without express permission. It is proper etiquette to give the contributor credit.

Photo credit:  Ted Strutz



Coffee, coffee, coffee

I want tea, tea, tea

Can’t stand the bitter taste

Of beans roasted

And the smell, just awful

The noise of the machines

Whining and groaning like sirens

Screeching their alarm with steam

 

Please go back to the genteel art

Of drinking tea that calms my heart

A pot or two a day

Keeps the doctor away

Or so I believe

I certainly feel relief

 

Coffee addicts queue down the streets

Before they meet and greet

Friends or business colleagues

To kick start their day

While on their way

Commuting or studying

Give your step a spring

 

 

 




4 comments:

  1. I like the bounce in the rhythm of this. No coffee hit needed to create a brisk pace here. And I'm with you in singing the praises of a nice pot of tea - loose leaves please - no soggy teabags full of tealeaf dust. Confession time however - I have it both ways. Can't beat a creamy latte for mid-morning break.😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sally,
    Nicely written verses. I am a coffee person myself.
    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy both coffee and (herbal) tea, but I *must* have coffee and tea is a pleasant evening drink.

    ReplyDelete